Tuesday 21 March 2017

Chalk Paint ATC's


Thanks for stopping by, I hope all is well where you are?
With mothers day and my sisters birthday coming up this weekend I needed something to give my mum and sister and as I am not a big card maker I decided to be a little different and make some Atc's and use them instead.
I started with some mdf blanks from Tando Creative and used Decoart's Chalky Finish Paints for the background.
I used three of the new colours in the range and used the same three colours for each Atc just varied the amount of each colour as I blended them together allowing each colour to partly dry before adding the next colour, this allowed for a softer blending and different colour tones to show through.
I used the colours, Colonial, Victorian and Bestow.


I have used the Tim Holtz Pear stamp and stamped using Stazon ink. the edges have been distressed with the ink and the back has been painted black so I can write a birthday message to my sister with a white posca pen. The Atc has been finished with a satin varnish, this really helps bring out the colours and makes things pop a little more.


This stamp is from Viva Las Vegas Stamps and will be a mothers day card from my 6 month old Niece to her mum with a little message on the back.


This stamp is also from Viva Las Vegas Stamps and this Atc will be making its way to my mum for mothers day.

Thanks for stopping by. xx






2 comments:

  1. My prediction is that your ladies are going to be thrilled with their ATC's Mark. I would be so touched to receive one for Mother's Day or from my brother. I love the multi-colored chalky backgrounds - just perfect for the occasions. And each one is UNIQUELY DESIGNED with LOVE. Very very special. Xj.

    ReplyDelete